Show judge seminar
Show judge seminar – from the show judge's point of view
1. Seminar half: Body structure and its function
2. Seminar half: Fiber and its evaluation
This seminar covers the following:
Participants will gain deep insights and a detailed understanding of the alpaca’s body structure, its function and meaning as well as of the significance of anomalies from the norm. In this part, anomalies that can be decisive in the showring – as well the reasons they are relevant – are addressed. This helps clarify the reasons for an animal’s ranking and evaluation.
The alpaca’s fleece composition. How is it evaluated and what are the reasons for its evaluation? The discussion concerning fiber is "hands-on", as participants get to personally see and analyze different fiber samples from the top animals of world-renown alpaca breeders.
Target group of the seminar
- Willing to understand the show judge's decisions
- Who are thinking about attending shows with their animals and want to obtain a better understanding of the dynamics of a show evaluation
- That show an interest in learning more about alpaca fleece and learning the basics of alpaca fleece evaluation
- Who would like to arrange a show team from their own breeding herd
- That wish to understand and identify the evaluation criteria for alpacas
Key takeaways from this seminar
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of the alpaca's body structure and fleece as well as awareness of their potential effects
- Understanding the dynamics of a show evaluation
- Knowledge about the evaluation criteria for the fleece and body structure of alpacas
Start: 10:30 a.m.
End: approx. 16:30 p.m.
Please note that this seminar does not target alpaca novices. Thus, topics like alpaca keeping or health tips for alpacas will be barely – or not at all – covered.
Participation fee is € 115 per person (€ 200 for couples), including catering and useful seminar literature.