This seminar focuses on the following topics:
Introductory course – alpaca keeping and alpaca shows
1. Seminar half: Alpaca keeping, feeding and handling
2. Seminar half: Breeding alpacas – body structure and its function, fiber and its evaluation
The seminar covers the following
- Participants will gain a deep and detailed understanding of the function and significance of the body structure of alpacas as well as of the significance of anomalies from the alpaca norm regarding their breeding.
- The alpaca’s fleece composition will also be covered, including the methods and reasons for its evaluation.
Target group of the seminar
Alpaca breeding newcomers, alpaca breeders, alpaca enthusiasts:
- Who would like to start keeping alpacas
- That want to learn about alpaca feeding and handling
- Those considering to attend shows with their animals and want to gain a better understanding of the dynamics of a show evaluation
- Wishing to understand and identify the evaluation criteria for alpacas
Key takeaways from this seminar
- Fundamentals of alpaca keeping and breeding
- Fundamentals of alpaca feeding
- Ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the alpaca’s body structure and fleece as well as awareness of their potential effects
Start: um 11:00 a.m.
End: approx. 16:00 p.m.
Seminar fee (at Abolengo de Alpaca) is € 60 per person and € 110 for couples.
Seminar literature and catering are included.